When it comes to buying the latest gold jewellery, we always tend to dig through the current trends. But even before that comes an important task – to identify your face shape. Jewelry is meant to ramp up your facial features and beauty, therefore knowing what kind of jewelry suits your face shape is incredibly essential.
In general, there are distinct face types unique to every individual. These are round, oval, heart-shaped, and oblong.
In this article, we are going to uncover some important tips on what jewelry is suitable for each type of particular face shape.
- Round face
A round face is distinguishable outward curves at cheekbones and a rounded chin. When selecting jewelry for such type of face shape, ensure you pick pieces that accentuate your facial curves by elongating your appearance.
- Earrings: Thinand long earrings are considered suitable for such faces. Earrings like danglers, chandeliers, drops, and angular will make your face appear slimmer. Alternatively, hoops and other circular shaped earrings will impart your face bulky appearance so make sure to stay from them.
- Necklaces: To create an illusion of a lengthy neck, round faces need long necklaces. A neckpiece that creates a “V” like appearance is ideal for you as it will draw attention towards the lower part of your neckline. Strictly avoid collars, chokers, and princess necklaces as they will add to your throat width.
- Oval face
An oval shape face is considered the perfect face shape. If your forehead is moderately wide and your face narrows down towards the chin, then you have an oval face shape.
- Earrings: If you are blessed with this balanced face shape, then you are free to carry off almost any earring style. Whether studs, hoops drops, triangles, or chandeliers, everything will look flattering on your face.
- Necklaces: Similar to earrings, oval face girls can opt for any kind of neckpiece. However, if you are looking for the best jewelry online, go withlayered necklaces to accentuate your soft features. So play around and choose whatever you like the most.
- Heart-shaped face
The heart-shaped face has a wider forehead and narrow chin. The upper part of your face is soft and curved at the edges, while you have a sharp chin. When choosing jewelry for such a face shape, your objective should be to narrow your forehead and widen the jawline.
- Earrings: Go for wide earrings like danglers, chandeliers, triangular, or teardrops to enhance the width of your chin and complement the rest of your face shape. Say no to long and narrow earrings as they will your face appear more angular.
- Necklaces: Short curvy necklaces will alleviate the length of your jawline. Collars and chokers are ideal to complement your face. A big no for layered chains, so make sure to abstain from such options.
- Oblong face
Oblong faces are basically long. This kind of face is longer than it is wide. The motive for choosing jewelry for such faces is to emphasize the width of the face.
- Earrings: Medium to large hoops, studs, circulars, crescents, and other wider designs are ideal for this face type. The wide shaped earrings will complement the definition of your features.
- Necklaces– A long necklace, with a “U” like shape looks appealing on this face.